I just pushed a fix to the Feed2Red git repository that should fix relative links in feeds.
Please test that—it worked in the one feed I had that used relative links, but I'm not 100% sure that I got the regular expressions right. Also, I don't have any feeds with realtive links in images.
In some circumstances, it produces a double slash in the URL, like #^http://example.com//link/to/article/
. This was no problem in some tests I made, but I'm not sure if there are web servers out there that might not like this. It's fixable, but only in ugly ways, so if it doesn't matter, I'd rather keep it like it is.
While testing, I saw that one of my feeds shows a relative link as its own address (the link the should lead to the blog, e.g.).
We can't fix that. We need the information about the actual server where the blog resides, because the feed might be hosted somewhere else (feedburner, e.g.). If we don't have that information, we can't fix relative links. The site I'm talking about doesn't use relative links anywhere else, so no problem here, but I wanted to tell you in case you run into such a situation.
If you find a feed where it doesn't work, please give me the feed address so that I can test with that feed myself and see what's going wrong.
If you don't have any problems with relative links, maybe wait a bit before you update. It could
be that the regular expressions break something I wasn't thinking of.